Wednesday 27 December 2017

2017 Review Time!



 Well, season's greetings and all that; here we are again, another year drawing to a close so it's time for the annual review.


 It's been another fairly progressive year, a little down on last year perhaps but I've managed to cross off one or two long term goals.
 The year began with more additions to the ever growing chaos army (which incidentally started 20 years ago this month). I finally got round to repainting my foot and mounted Chaos Knights from the Citadel C33 Mounted Adventurers range.


 I also managed to get a couple more beastmen finished to get the unit I'd started at the end of 2016 up to 10.



 Then there was also an appearance from Jaek and Helwud foot and mounted before I called a halt on Chaos army proceedings for now.

The army currently as it stands


 I managed to make a start on a Frostgrave warband, getting 4 of the 8 finished.




 The same went for my Mordheim Possessed warband with half of it done.



 Another long term project was achieved - the iconic toad dragon complete with chaos warrior rider.



 I've plans for a Marienburg warband but only got as far as the mercenary captain. I still need to finalise which figures are going to be used here.

 Earlier in the year I'd made a start on a heavily converted rogue trader but he spent several months half built until I made the effort to finish him off and paint him plus the additional members of his party.



Then, with this being my personal highlight of the year I decided to put an old idea into production, a diorama featuring a Balrog slain by demons of law.





 Quite tricky and testing at times, it took about a month to complete. There are more details here.

 The pace dropped off a little towards the end of the year as I planned what should come next. Then I decided to get involved in The Old World Army Challenge that had been set up on Facebook (painting an army over the space of 6 months blah blah blah) so October was spent planning for that with me deciding on a Border Princes Army.


 November's installment was managed just but I'm currently up against it with December's!

 So what for 2018? Well, getting through army challenge done firstly which will end in April. Then, who knows? Usually this time of year I have a rough plan for what's to come but the future is uncertain at present!

 There is murmurings of possibly another diorama; bigger than anything I've produced before but this is only a collection of ideas at present.
 So at that point, I wish you all a happy new year and look forward to seeing more fantastic work from the community in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment